Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Promise unfulfilled

Sarah Antonacci's cover story on the young lady who took her own life mere days after graduating as valedictorian of her high school class was particularly heart wrenching. Reading her brief commencement speech, it’s obvious that she wanted to increase awareness of the devastating effect excessive teasing, tormenting, and bullying can have on its victims. I hope the media picks up this banner for her and explores it in more depth. Jim Leach talked about it this morning. I didn’t get to hear much of the conversation from callers, but I give Leach credit getting on the topic right away and for being candid about his own experiences. Mike Wilson took calls on the story as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was it Leach's experience at Griffin H.S. that lead him to be a ridiculously opinionated boob? It is one thing to be a democrat. It is quite another thing to be a liberal who lacks common sense and reason, and unfortunately has a microphone and a platform to spew his nonsense. Oooops. I think I just used a platform to spew my brand of nonsense. At least mine is based on reality.