Saturday, May 14, 2005

What's Your Ideological Sign?

I don’t intend for this to be a political blog where issues and ideology are expounded upon. It will, on occasion, examine how local and state politics are being played in the media, and through public relations and advertising campaigns. Occasionally my own political biases will be on display, but as a moderate, I don’t expect that they will ignite much fervor in the rabidly partisan blogosphere. Readers from everywhere along the political spectrum are welcome to comment here, but I would ask that the focus remain on how issues are communicated rather than on the relative merits of a particular position.

I called myself a moderate, but according to a topology quiz being administered by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press, I’m an Upbeat. The online quiz asks 27 questions and also for some basic demographic information, and then classifies respondents into one of nine profiles. The profile that I was assigned is basically on the mark, but it doesn’t really have me nailed. For example, there are some issues that I slightly lean to one side, but in general my Upbeat brethren seem to be more convicted.

It’s an interesting little exercise and I’d recommend giving it a go. For those intolerant of political views that differ from their own, AND are looking for that perfect someone to share their hidebound life, this could be useful way to measure compatibility. Although one need only look at James Carville and Mary Matalin to realize that true love can conquer all, even the most polarizing of issues - the Clintons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Social Conservative according to the test. I'll wear that badge.